Angela: What sum is required to cover maintenance?
The Challenges Angela Brought To Me
- Living with her partner but not married, Angela was concerned about what would happen now that they were separating
- The house was in her partner’s name and he was the major income earner
- She had 2 young sons who would live with her after separation
- What she wanted to know was , “What sum would I need now to cover maintenance for the boys until age 18?”
What Angela Wanted Most:
- To understand what she was currently spending each year
- To know what was the minimum amount she could survive on, and where she could make savings
- Greater confidence around dealing with her finances.
The Steps We Took Together
- We worked out her existing monthly spending
- We looked at where she could cut back if necessary
- For each option we calculated what sum she needed now
The Results for Angela
- “ I now have greater confidence about my finances”
- “I understand what minimum amount I need from the settlement”
- “But I also know what figure would allow the boys to continue to have the same lifestyle they currently enjoy”
- Armed with this information she and her lawyer were able to enter negotiations
7 mistakes women make when getting divorced ...and how to avoid them
I was lost in a minefield of options, and rather ignorant of how the financial world works. Mary was invaluable with advice on what to do, explaining things, so that I understood fully what would happen to my money and investments. Mary was understanding and did not make me feel inadequate needing help. I now feel secure and my mind is put at rest with Mary’s expertise
– Ruth Dellow
Mary listened to what I wanted. I did not once feel overwhelmed with financial jargon or pressurised to go in a direction I did not want to. Mary has high integrity and strives to do her best for her clients because she actually cares about them.
– Caroline Crowhurst
Mary’s advice is so down to earth and straight forward that I feel I am at last getting to grips with my finances. She explains everything without technical jargon and I always know I can ask any question without feeling it’s a foolish question. Her service is absolutely amazing.
– Dr Diane Keith