Janet: Am I looking after my money in the best way?
The Challenges Janet Brought To Me
- Janet had just come out of an acrimonious divorce, and was living with her new partner
- Each of them had children from their first marriages
- She had no idea whether their existing pensions and investments were suitable for their circumstances
- What she wanted to know was, “Are we looking after our money in the best way?”
- “And if not, what should we do?”
What Janet Wanted Most:
- She wanted peace of mind that the remaining partner and children would be adequately provided for if one were to die or be unable to work
- She wanted confidence that their existing pensions and investment plans would allow them to retire at their chosen age
- And that they could afford to lead the life they wanted in retirement.
The Steps We Took Together
- We recommended insurance policies to address the financial problems should either of them die or suffer illness.
- We made recommendations for the pensions and investments to bring them into line with what they wanted to achieve
- We calculated how much they needed to pay into their pensions to achieve the income they wanted at retirement
The Results For Janet
- “I now have peace of mind the family is provided for in a worst case scenario”
- “I know we are now working towards a financial plan that will allow us to enjoy retirement”
7 mistakes women make when getting divorced ...and how to avoid them
I was lost in a minefield of options, and rather ignorant of how the financial world works. Mary was invaluable with advice on what to do, explaining things, so that I understood fully what would happen to my money and investments. Mary was understanding and did not make me feel inadequate needing help. I now feel secure and my mind is put at rest with Mary’s expertise
– Ruth Dellow
Mary listened to what I wanted. I did not once feel overwhelmed with financial jargon or pressurised to go in a direction I did not want to. Mary has high integrity and strives to do her best for her clients because she actually cares about them.
– Caroline Crowhurst
Mary’s advice is so down to earth and straight forward that I feel I am at last getting to grips with my finances. She explains everything without technical jargon and I always know I can ask any question without feeling it’s a foolish question. Her service is absolutely amazing.
– Dr Diane Keith